At Bookmark, I strive to make your academic or nonfiction manuscript shine. I work with professors, graduate students, independent authors, and self-publishing organizations eager to get their ideas out into the world. My priority is always clear communication and a reader-friendly style that honors the complexity and specificity of your original ideas.
Are you facing any of these scenarios?
- You’re juggling so many projects that you’re not able to put as much time into your writing as you’d like.
- You’d like thoughtful feedback from a colleague, but your colleagues are busy with other projects.
- Your first language isn’t English, but you want your manuscript to read as though a native English speaker wrote it.
- You want to make your ideas accessible to readers outside your area of specialization, but you’re used to the conventions of writing in your own field.
- You’ve received feedback that your work is good but your writing is difficult to follow.
- You’re unsure about your own writing, but you know you want your ideas to be clear and compelling to readers.
If these challenges sound familiar, I can help. I offer three main kinds of editing:
- Basic sentence-level editing to ensure grammatical correctness.
- Deep sentence-level editing to promote clarity, flow and reader-friendliness.
- Developmental editing to bring your most important ideas to the forefront and make your argument as compelling as possible.